Monday 2 September 2013

Sunday afternoon delight

You know those times when you're feeling a little sorry for yourself and all you want is a little sweet treat, but you don't want something processed or fake or too big or too sweet? That was me yesterday afternoon.

I was laying on the couch and just felt like nothing in my cupboard would compare to having a cup of tea and a homemade biccie. So I donned my apron and got in to the kitchen. I do love a good Sunday afternoon random baking sesh!

I have made these biccies before but with dates and pecans and they were the easiest, most care free biccies I've ever made! I didn't have pecans or dates this time around, but I did have a banana and some left over chocolate melts from last weeks brownie mix. What better flavour combination could there be?!

Laura's Choc-Dipped Banana Biccies (makes about 40 little biccies)
1 large banana
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup olive oil
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup SR flour
1 1/4 cup plain flour (for the date/pecan recipe I only used 3/4 cup, but the banana means it needs more flour)
1 tsp cinnamon
150 g melting chocolate

1. Mash the banana to a smooth consistency. Preheat oven to 180C and line 2-4 baking sheets with paper.
2. Place sugar, oil, egg and vanilla in a bowl and mix to combine. Add banana and stir.
3. Add flours and cinnamon and stir to combine.
4. With damp hands, roll teaspoons of dough into balls and place on the baking paper. Flatten slightly with your fingers and bake for 12 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
5. Heat chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals until all melted. Once your biccies are cool, invert and dip into the chocolate and leave to harden.
The finished product!

I love that I can say there are NO pressure points in this recipe - it is so easy!

Take on this recipe when you:
a) Want to have a little sweet treat on a Sunday arvo to go with your cuppa
b) Have unexpected guests arrive on your doorstep and have nothing in the cupboard (they're super quick!)
c) Are looking for brownie (or rather, biccie) points from work colleagues, family, boyfriend etc.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment